Drones generally have a front and back indicated by LED lights or colored propellers. Before take off, users are instructed to position the head of the drone away from the user. When flown in daylight or at a far distance, determining which side is the front or back becomes difficult.
The Headless Mode feature allows the user to operate the drone without worrying about the orientation. This feature is great for beginners as it reduces the steepness of learning curve.
By default, drone’s are in Non-Headless Mode.
The algorithms inside of the drone’s micro-controller ensure that every turning change is compensated. For example, with Headless Mode turned ON, after proper take off, if the user turns the drone 90 degrees to the left, it’ll still go forward when you push the flying stick
(right stick) forward. NOTE: When headless mode is OFF, this would make the drone go left.
Prerequisite: Position your drone so it’s front is your front.
Press the Headless Mode button. The LED light of your drone will flash signaling that the Headless Mode is ready.
Press the Headless Mode button again. The LED light of your drone will turn solid, signaling the Headless Mode is now off.
When the Headless Mode is on the direction and angle of the drone is imbalanced, you can turn off the headless mode, restart it, and the direction and angle will recover to its normal status.
Whenever your drone is about 10 feet or higher in the air, you can push the flying stick and hit the Flip Button and push the flying stick and the quadcopter will do a flip to corresponding direction in air. Be ready to use your Throttle Stick right after, otherwise it will run itself into the groud.
Drone tricks and stunts can take time and practice before mastering.
Please familiarize yourself with basic flying techniques before attempting tricks.
DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY STUNTS INDOORS OR WHEN THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE CLOSE BY.
Gravity Induction Mode
Gravity Induction Mode is a feature available on the udirc-FPV app that allows you to fly your drone without touching your mobile screen. Turning on Gravity Induction Mode will allow you to fly the drone forward/backward left/right in correspondence to the angle of the mobile phone. For example, if you tilt your mobile phone forward, the drone will fly forward, if you tilt your mobile phone to the left, the drone will fly left. Refer to page 16 for additional instructions.
Pre-flight Operation Instruction
(1) Turn on the transmitter switch and the power indicator light flashes rapidly. Push the Left Stick all the way down to the lowest position and then release.
The Left Stick will back to the middle position automatically. The power indicator light flashes slowly, which indicates the transmitter is ready for frequency pairing.
(2) Install the battery to the mounted box in the drone and then power on the drone.
(3) Put the drone on the flat surface, the drone body lights turn from flashing to solid bright, which indicates successful frequency pairing.
Notice: Please make sure the drone is placed on the horizontal position after powering on the drone, so that the drone can work well.
(1) The camera is the drone front. Keep the drone front away from you.
(2) Power on the drone and check the direction of the rotating propellers. The left front and right rear A propellers rotating clockwise while the right front and left rear B propellers rotating counterclockwise.
(3) Move the Left Stick and Right Stick as Picture shown to start the motor and then release. Then push up the Left Stick to fly up the drone to certain altitude and then release.
(4) Push up the Left Stick slowly to fly up the drone, and pull down the Left Stick slowly to the lowest end, then the drone will land on the ground slowly.
(5) It’s recommend to repeat Steps 4 above to practice.
(6) Adjust relative transmitter Trimmer button to adjust the rudder if the drone tilts to one side when flying.
Please follow below steps to calibrate the drone if the drone becomes imbalance after crashing during the flight, and can not be adjusted by trimmer button and cause difficult operation.
(1) Power off the drone, then turn off the transmitter switch.
(2) Turn on the transmitter switch, push the Left Stick all the way down to the lowest position as Picture and then release. The Left Stick will back to the middle position automatically. The transmitter is ready for frequency pairing mode.
(3). Power on the drone and put it on a flat surface in a horizontal position. The drone body lights change from flashing to solid bright, which indicates successful frequency pairing.
(4). Do not move the Left Stick before successful calibration. Push the Right Stick and then release. The drone body lights flash, which indicates that the drone is calibrating. When the drone body lights remain solid, which indicates successful calibration.
(APP) To view the photos and videos
The aerial photo and videos will be stored in the smart phone, To view the photos and videos from ?? ? ?.
Or check the aerial photography data in your mobile phone gallery.
The aerial photo will be stored in the smart phone and the TF Card, while the video will be stored in the TF Card only. You can view the aerial photography in the APP Media or download the video to your smart phone when the drone is connected with your phone.
To take photo and record video
● Insert the TF card to the slot in accordance.
● Power off the drone first when finish aerial photography. Take out TF card and insert the card to a card reader. Connect the card reader with computer USB port. After a while, view the aerial photography data from “my computer”-”mobile disk”.
Only when authorizing the APP to read your mobile phone media data, or you maybe unable to view the aerial photography.
Click on the video icon to save a video when ending recording, or the video cannot be saved.
Please play the video or photo after coping all aerial photography data to computer and make sure the play software can support AVI format.